Wednesday, June 23, 2010

JAAG!


The world around us is a mess. And we are in our cocoons.


Two options. Stay in the comfort zone; blame everything on the system. Or, BE the system.


Jaag! is one such initiative. But rather than going radical, its about a gradual process called "awakening".


Today's youth has exuberance. Today's youth has energy. Today's youth is sick of the present. Today's youth desires a change. And at least before familial engagements tie us down, today's youth has high morals. Let's tap all of these.


Let's try to make people stop and think, at the least. Write on things that bother you, that piss you off.


Why JAAG? Why not keep on writing random posts on similar topics?


The purpose, remember, is to make people stop, at least for a while, and take a break from the regular rush of life to realize that things are screwed up. JAAG! will serve as a channel to make those thoughts flow. Ideas will be reinforced everytime a person will come across the word "Jaag!". And who knows, he gathers up will power to say, "Enough." Let's get together and bring about the resonance.


How to get associated?


One, contact me and tell me you're associated with "JAAG!" by commenting on this post on jaagtheawakening.blogspot.com. Any other non-participating comments can be made here.


Two, upload the "JAAG!" image shown above in every blog post related to the cause.


Three, give a brief introduction to "JAAG!" in every post related to the cause.


Four, give a link to JAAG!(jaagtheawakening.blogspot.com) in every post related to this cause as it will serve as a reservoir of all the JAAG! posts on all the blogs till date.


Five, contact me and tell me whenever you have posted any JAAG! post. I'll update it in the reservoir.


Six, spread the word.


What next?


Just sit back and let the ripple effect do its job.

37 comments:

  1. Great, great initiative, bruv. I know you will go a long way with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An early bird here. Very thoughtful initiative. Best wishes from my side, Varun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ SFS: Thanks mate for boosting confi!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Sir. Blessings needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i feel enthusiastic..infact inspired....i wish to say that y dont u earn some extra bucks by writing exploding political speeches or else give politics a damn chance...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude I am on... let me know more about dis.. how to get started.. lets do it "JAAG" way

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Raj: I won't say that's not a possibility. But not for "extra bucks" for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Ankesh: Sirji, refer to "How to get associated" in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://jitsyspeaks.blogspot.com/2010/06/25-of-me.html

    Iv tagged you i one of my posts....do check! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. done.. http://wtpindia.blogspot.com/2010/06/jaag.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, that's a good initiative! can we write about any issues at all that bother us? Or are there certain guidelines?
    I'm thinking of participating...

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Dude, whatever post you include the pic in, just tell me, send me the link and I'll update the reservoir!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Kaps: Thanks you, sirji! Absey aap kisi bhi post mein "JAAG" ka pic lagayein ya kuch naya socially relevant post likhein, send me the link. I will update the reservoir.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Jitsy: Thanks! But I've never taken up tags, the latest by Pri. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Mehak: There's absoultely no guideline. Whenever you write any such stuff or make any post of the past into a JAAG one, do tell me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea! I am planning a post on reading habits of today's youth! Does it qualify as a JAAG post?

    And who is the crazy Chinese guy/gal?!!! I'm sick of rejecting Chinese comments!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ 夏康如: Dude, you cant comment the same on every post!! In chinese, 老兄,你不能发表评论各个岗位相同!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ Nandita: It sure is!! Great! Write and send across the link. Whoever the chinese guy/gal is, he's dumb beyond normal definitions. Bugger spams the same set of words everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. JaagoRe!!!!

    Always a pleasure seeing the youth standing up. Would love to be a part.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jai ho! Let me know if I can be of any help...

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ Sapna: Would love to have you as part!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ Shahenshah: JAi ho! Bilkul sir, everyone can contribute. Start writing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bahot sahi, bhaiya! Aapse yahi ummeed thi....lage raho...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Best wishes as always. I hope you go a long distance with this.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Noble initiative...I hope you go a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  27. @ Abhishek: Thanks, brother!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  28. @ Nila: Thanks!! I hope as well! (:

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice thought, why aren't you taking it forward?

    ReplyDelete

If you know what a comment is worth to a blogger, do not spend the rest of your life in guilt!