Friday, December 18, 2009

Arbit!

Disclaimer: My mental state is far from stable. Do not proceed if you want to read something that makes sense.

I've just come back to my room after an end-term paper. We have the last one tomorrow. I'll be one-third of a manager. Its been five times I've clicked on "New Post" and then aborted the operation. I desperately want to write about something. Some...thing. But it eludes me. I don't know what it is. I don't have a frickin' clue, whatsoever. Read about an IIM-I prof murdered at her residence. Its bothering me. I want to watch 'City Of God' for ages and its right there on my hard disk drive. Why do people always misunderstand me? Why do I always want people to understand me? Am I an approval junkie - a monkey wrapped in suits? (Link) I pretty much pride myself of being exactly the opposite. I am what I am. The tagline has made me loyal to Rbk. I don't give a nine-legged spider's ass to what they think. I think I do. I think I've started doing that. Heck. Suleimann Benn manhandled Mitchell Johnson. Haddin instigated them. Cricket is no longer a gentlemen's game. Am I a gentleman? I want BM to win the Prestige Cup 7-0. Why cant I bowl leg-breaks the way I can bowl off-breaks. I believe in God. I used to talk to him. It has reduced to a mere formality now. I am not on Twitter. I want to tweet. What's so special about Google Wave? Is it a distorted example of Missionary Selling? Do I care? New orkut sucks like hell. I want a PPO in HJ Heinz. I want to prove things to the world. Again. I suck. I'm changing. I don't like the change. I will quit smoking one day. Smoking kills. It has started showing effects on my lungs. I don't smoke much. Why me? Why cant I quit? Bon Jovi is religion. Their music never got its due. I've ceased listening to music. I need to install Windows 7. I wish I had a Macbook. I like Pacino. Is De Niro better? I want to act. I think I can. Everybody thinks he can. Is "everybody" singular? The show's name is Everybody LoveS Raymond. Its singular, or is it? I need to get my bike serviced. I'm just in love with the machine. Its the best babe on earth. Why don't people leave a word of appreciation/critique on reading a post? Why can't they do a little thing that means so much to the blogger? Why is it important to the blogger? I've started drinking again. Jesu's business dinner was awesome. The same White Mischief felt so different, so smooth. Five-rupee coins are being smuggled to Bangladesh where they are melted to make razors. Six of them, two-rupee each from a five rupee coin. This would contribute towards a liquidity crunch. Inflation will rise. As if I care. I don't have another B-school interview scheduled. MBA sucks. The education system is as outdated as Ashish Nehra's scantily disguised out-swingers. There's a lot of learning involved. Outside the classroom, of course. Would I spend my life selling sabun-tel? FMCG attracts me. I've been trying to find dental floss for some time now. What has come upon Jamshedpur? There's no Gilette deo as well. So much for the 'push' strategy - the thumb rule in FMCG. I loved yesterday's Marketing question paper. People thought it was gas. It was a quality B-school paper after months. Practical problems that required on-the-feet out-of-the-box thinking. I want to make ads. I think I'm creative. How? I don't know. I am. I haven't done anything to proclaim it. MTV Roadies is deteriorating. I miss Roadies 4 and 5. Our senior is there - one of the roadies - in Africa in the current edition. I don't wanna end this post. Would I publish it? I think I would. Would anyone be interested? Do i want them to be? I think I do. Again.

Sorry!

21 comments:

  1. Hahaha,I think I'll delight you today, have read everyone of ur posts to date but never commented...
    Random bickering, so want to do it myself....you loved yesterday's paper?...well, lets see how much he appreciates "out-of-box" thinking!
    Vin

    ReplyDelete
  2. no thoughts about me..[:(].u decrypted ur own encrypted pages!!! i dint know u started drinking again..this calls for serious action.. i hate ur bike..it suxx..

    ReplyDelete
  3. it seems u have written something without realising you have written it brilliantly...the post weighs heavily in terms of presentation....the post is highly eloquent....its true and reflects the obvious bit of dry aspects that our mood faces throughout a week or a month...we wanna do it but we never are able to do it though we have ample time to do it....or maybe we have time but no job at hand....or we have an agenda but no time!we call this the temporary lull in life....by the way brilliant nasrration of feelings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the risk of rephrasing ur friend Srijan...
    You wrote your heart out... and the heart is the seat of truth and true eloquence... what more can I say? I've felt a similar change in myself... I don't like it either... but that doesn't mean change is necessarily bad... although you should try to chuck the smoke and drink... keep up the writing, it is a beacon of hope to many

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ haha, the first thanks den :)mar paper...a lil bit of standard framework to channelize ur thoughts but huge scope of being rationally creative...keeping my fingrz X...lets hope he appreciates!
    @kaps: dhanyavad prabhu :)
    @devil: ab sari cheezen blog pe toh nahi likhi ja sakti...agreed abt the decryption bit but i dint bother wt wz i writing...i just kept on! my machine rocks :x
    @ srijan: true...n with me, its the order of the day...the 'temporary' lull amongst the hectic events! thanks fr the appreciation though i dun think this post wz worth it! :)
    @ ishita: i did pour my heart out! ur appreciation means a lot! we dun like this change, but can we do something abt it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. arre baki kuch to nahi bol sakta but one suggestion about leg break... go to widest to round d wicket n bowl in malinga action.. Don;t d ball will turn or not but defintly wll go long way from leg side to off... weird na.. even I m out of my mind... remain dat may it help to be abnormaly normal.. cheers mate.. again d australian saved dere arse n a non gora got all d belting on his arse.. so either gora rules or BCCI's money remeber monkey saga... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. had u written it at st.stephens....u would have got a 15/20 in a composition...and thats quite high keeping in mind u wud hav written it in st.stephens...so chill regards the praise.i lways know wat i say!u deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ ankesh: thanks coach...i'll try dat n let ya know:)

    @ srijan: jo hukm! stphanian, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. varun sir i have been following ur blog for many days....and this was the best and yeah sounded great to me.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brutally honest writing!

    Enjoyable too. I like random posts like this that so eloquently capture the writer's mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ pratyush: i appreciate it dude. thanks :)
    @ gurdit: m nt sure it really captured the mood...m nt sure if it cud be captured...thanks btw!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very candid description…straight from the heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mental state is far from stable.

    thanks god that the blog had this disclaimer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ dipa: thanks...it was straight from the heart!
    @ rakesh: hehe...:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A piece of brilliant writing with truthness..........

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant post........
    Your style and eloquence is brilliant. I want to go on and on and on with it. Alas! it had to end.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ professor : ty :)
    @ for_sona: ya i guess! m tryin to :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. phheeeuuu!!! give your brain some rest, mister. it will drive you crazy. Chill maar. everyone changes with time. its not that bad. and you'll get a aPPO [:)]

    ReplyDelete
  19. wz born crazy! nothing can do any harm! thnx fr the wishes :)

    ReplyDelete

If you know what a comment is worth to a blogger, do not spend the rest of your life in guilt!