Thursday, August 20, 2009

Miles To Go And Yet I Sleep!

18th August 2009.

66 days into the expedition that got off the mark with an ecstatic "Yay!" on learning that I had got a single-seater room, we were in for some serious carsickness. Three quizzes on the same day : QT, OB and MM.

A quick sneak-peak at some of the visually unsettling status messages on Gtalk that day :

Aditi Shukla : Teen Tigada Kaam Bigada
Sandeep Somisetty : 3 quizzes in a day...I'm immune now bring it on!
Rishabh Chindalia : Getting screwed the big way...3 quizzes in a day.
Avinash Mehra : Ab toh aadat si hai mujhko Gang(o) Rape ki.
Shifa Shalini Tirkey : No Place to Run :(
Sowmya Srinivasan : To hell with everything!
Shubham Singhal : Sarfaroshi Ki Tamanna Ab Hamare Dil Mein Hai
Shubham Singhal : Jab Sheher Hamara Sota Hai...
Sakyabrata Dutta : Fire @ Ass
Sakyabrata Dutta : Don't even ask!
Veenu Singla : Nights are long!

The status of an intellectually challenged and neurally inept duo read :

Sayan Majumder : Mauja Hi Mauja
Rajkamal Roka : Kya Baat Hai...Maza Aa Gaya :P

The first on the roll was QT at 11am. Bombed! Three questions, Three unknowns. Insult adds to injury when :

Gango : "Howz the paper, Varun?" [I had scored 19 and 23 in the last two 30-markers]
Me : "Ummm...tough"
Gango (with a wicked smile making a ":P" in his mind) : "UMMMMM...TOUGH."

Second, or so I thought, was OB at 5pm. Unsuccessfully attempting to cram the colossus of the syllabus in a couple of hours, I got ready and got out for the quiz. The hostel wing was uncharacteristically silent. Comprehending this to be their punctuality induced reaching-before-time crap, I was on my way when I met Marshall and Avinash returning.

The MM quiz was at 4!

I've scored ducks. I have the shortest attendance in the batch. I've been forbidden to enter the lecture hall n number of times. And now, I've missed quizzes. I've done everything!! Yay, again!



6 comments:

  1. if u dont gain anything..u gonna gain wacky experience n interesting stories to tell ur kids.. i m gonna borrow some for my kids too..the journey is just 66 days old ...u got a lyftym..keep it going..waiting for more fun!! n i think u r damn lucky to hav a single room..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya rightly said :) :)...but no borrowing stories though...copyright!! main sunaunga...

    n ya m DAMN lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude.. chill.. its all part of life, you'll get used to it.. some of the toppers in our batch were among the worst starters .. so do the end terms well.. all is not lost..

    P.S. I loved the part where Gango forms a :P in his mind.. I can so imagine him doing that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dat wz actually encouraging,boss...but the whole thing is dat i've got my thing stuck between the zipper...I dun think i can even perform well in end sems in light of the submissions week dis is fast approaching to be :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. can relate wid u so far as the gango rendezvous goes..was dozin wen he woke me up..wid a start i saw that ever so familiar poker faced devilish and sadistic(i assume) smile..and commiserations for missin out on marketing..then agen u wer spared the agoni of possibli becoming the butt of all jokes in the class if(i assume safeli) rajkumar turns out to be as sadistic and reads out students' answers in the classroom..
    keep entertainin us wid these lite moments bunty..whiff of fresh air i must say..

    ReplyDelete
  6. felt nice shitty..."freash air"!! :)

    seriously man gango loves his moments of patronization like anything..but hez an amazing bloke fr sure!!

    ReplyDelete

If you know what a comment is worth to a blogger, do not spend the rest of your life in guilt!