Saturday, July 04, 2009

Time For Reflection

Stats first :

Its been 21 days in XL.
I've had breakfast 4 times.
I've bunked(or missed) lectures 6 times.
I've slept in class (n-1) times where n=number of lectures attended.
I've cussed infinitely.
I've studied infinitesimally.
I've completed ZERO out of three projects allotted till now.
I've made progress on ZERO out of three projects allotted till now.
I've plans for how to proceed on ZERO out of three projects allotted till now.

Pre-readings(stuff to be read before a lecture), projects, forthcoming quizzes. That's pretty much the picture of the initial days at XLRI. People here are nice. People here are good. People here know what they're here for. People here think. People here work. I'm somehow the odd one out - a square peg in a round hole!

A square peg in a round hole...that's pretty much GMD. True as it is, GMD is the order of the day. Its an uncanny feeling watching the junta around slogging their asses off while you cant relate yourself to the multi-coloured fonts. Gosh! Am I dyslexic? Am I a moron? Am I paranoid?

But there are quite a few "friends" here. Yes, friends. A newly-reintroduced concept after a four-year vacuum. And there's this senior whom I respect more than anyone else in this campus. The chill-pill. And there's Internet. Ultra-high speed. And there's FLIX - our movie server. And there's air conditioning. And there's this lovely weather after yesterday's cat-and-dog rain.

Life's good. Life's great. I'm living my dream as an XLer. I'm not happy. I'm paranoid...inexplicably!

8 comments:

  1. Dude, this is pretty much a word-by-word reproduction of what I went through last year. :)

    Don't worry, I'm sure there are lots of others who also feel like square pegs in round holes right now. In a few days/weeks, you will settle down.

    No more gyaan from me now, just chill and have fun. Projects bhi ho jaayenge, tension nahin lene kaa... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ sumit

    i wish der ARE a lot oderz :P at least i can relate to em...tryin hard ki tension na ho...par thodi bahot ho hi ja rahi hai...guess i'll take my sweet tym to adjust...:|

    @ romi

    dhanyavaad bhraatashri...

    ReplyDelete
  3. abe waha bhi NIT jsr ke tarah gutch bana hua hai.. lage raho..

    ReplyDelete
  4. guchchta toh khoon pe aa gayi hai ab toh...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome to MBA buddy :)
    Koi gull naiii, sab changa ho jayega ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty much expected from u..if this was not the scene, i wud hav been shocked..keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ mandar

    dat sounds gud :)

    @ devil

    DUH!! badal gayaa hun main...dekhti ja bas..

    ReplyDelete

If you know what a comment is worth to a blogger, do not spend the rest of your life in guilt!